Doing a Good Social Media Research Paper
Today, social media are a common tool people use to communicate, collaborate, present themselves etc. Instagram, Twitter and Facebook are just a few portals to mention, which play an important role in life of the modern society. Whether you want to find new friends worldwide or learn languages, buy something or get a job, social media are here to make the task much easier.
Writing a social media research paper is a common task many students face during their academic courses. What makes it rather challenging is the fact that most young people today are almost addicted to using social media, while making a good academic paper requires being objective. If not, you will be hardly able to investigate all pros and cons properly.
What to Start With
Prior to starting a good research paper, a student has to do the following:
- Define an interesting topic to discuss and devise a catchy title. Preferably, the topic under investigation is to be a real-life issue that people face on a regular basis and recognize the necessity to handle it.
- Search through reliable sources to find out proves of evidence, statistics and facts. This is the material that will be analyzed to make conclusions, so it should be trustworthy. Deriving this kind of information from someone’s blog page is not a good idea as such sources tend to be highly subjective, which is unacceptable when it comes to an academic work.
- Fully understand the requirements the college sets for this kind of paper and try to adhere to them absolutely.
- Do a little literature research to find a similar paper and read it attentively to understand where it succeeds or fails to cover the topic.
- Come up with an idea, which will be an innovation point of your paper.
Once the preparatory work is done, and you have a clear idea of how your paper should be composed, it’s time to get down to writing the text.
A Sound Structure Is Important
Having a clear step-by-step plan will make writing a much easier process. An introduction, the main narrative body and conclusion are mandatory parts of any text, specifically an academic paper. Depending on the college’s requirements and paper standards applied, a bibliography or appendices are sometimes included too. Writing each of the parts is done in compliance with certain guidelines too. For example, a thesis statement is to be formulated within the introduction. Actually, this is a concise description of the problem the paper seeks to handle. When it comes to social media research, you should indicate that so many people are dependent on this kind of online activity.
Additionally, all parts of your work should be consistent in terms of supporting the main idea provided in your thesis statement.
In the main part of your paper, you are expected to introduce how you propose to solve the problem of social media addiction. For example, diverting users towards other, real-life activities can be a sound recipe.
Upon giving your proposals and considerations in the body of the text, summarize everything in the conclusion section.